At this critical juncture, please join me in sending blessings - Love, Light, Peace, Harmony - to all the Earth.
Join in wherever you are at 11:11
Or join us on Zoom for daily guided meditation (subscribe to eLOVEation community for details)
For the good of all beings
Welcome, part 5:
Wiccan Adventure, Review,
& What's Coming Up
Wiccan Adventure of the Week
Every week, here is where you get to decide for yourself whether you're going to be a real Wiccan or just a wanna-be pretender!
I hope you make the choice that serves you, and the Earth, best.
So here's how you get to practice for this week...
Beginning With Devotion
It’s always helpful to begin any project with meditation and prayer.
One thing that happens when you do this is you call on the Divine to notice what you're working on, and enlist divine assistance and guidance
for your project.
Since your “project” right now is to become a Wiccan, it can only be a good thing to let the Divine know that’s what you’re aiming for so She can help you along, right?
This particular form of prayer/meditation is a Devotion Practice
a way to cultivate the spiritual quality of devotion, which opens you to the presence of the Divine.
Here’s a simple way to do this:
|| Every day, preferably at the same time of day and in the same place, light a candle.
|| Breathe calmly and deeply for a while, while letting your eyes gently rest on the candleflame. Allow your mind and body to come to a state of calm, and if possible (if you know what it feels like and how to achieve it), a deeper state of consciousness.
|| Then recite the Wiccan prayer, with as much feeling as you can. Put all the yearning you can generate into your prayer. |
Cultivate your feeling of yearning for the Divine!
Strengthen and expand it as much as possible.
This is an essential spiritual key.
|| You can repeat it if you choose, as often as you wish. But your task is to say it at least once. Anything extra is a bonus, not an obligation. |
|| FEEL it as you speak it: notice it changing something within you and Calling the Divine to you.
It may be very very subtle, and you may not feel anything the first few (or hundred) times you do this, but you can be certain that something IS changing. You may have to trust me on this for now. One day you’ll know it for yourself.
If you think you might feel something but you're not sure, you probably are.
If you can’t feel anything, then simply feel your certainty that whether you can perceive it yet or not, things are happening within you and around you, as you say this prayer.
|| You may want to rest in this feeling and this yearning and this intention and the presence of the Divine for a while. |
|| Before ending, you may wish to add in a simple request for assistance in finding your Book of Shadows and Book of Mirrors as well.
|| When you are ready to move on, give an expression of gratitude (Wiccans often say “Blesséd Be!”), and respectfully snuff or blow out the candle.
|| It is done.
|| Repeat this each day this week.
The Inner Adventure
Seeking Your Book of Shadows
(& Book of Mirrors if desired)
You will need a Book of Shadows for this course. This is a blank book that you buy or create in which you will write what you learn about Wicca.
You don’t need to have it right away. Next week you’ll receive a lesson that tells you all about the Wiccan Book of Shadows, and will help you know what to look for, where to find one, and how to bless it before you use it.
You will need one, though, by the time you begin the Dedication lesson.
|| This week, begin thinking about what you might like to write your Wiccan knowledge in, and looking around for what might make a good Book of Shadows for you.
|| You can also meditate on this choice and ask the Divine for help with finding a good Book of Shadows for you.
|| You may wish to read the lesson on the Book of Shadows in advance. It’s online as a sample lesson for this course, so you can find it here: Book of Shadows & Book of Mirrors.
A Wiccan Initiate Needs To Know...
- What does "Blessed Be" mean? And how is it pronounced?
- To what degree must you follow the rules as they are laid out in this course?
- How will you know when it’s okay to bend or even break the rules?
- Is this course suitable for Solitary Wiccans or Covens/groups?
- What is your most important tool as a Wiccan, and how do you get it?
- What is this course really about?
- Why do beginning Wiccans study for a year and a day?
- Why does this course begin (officially) on Feb 2nd?
- List 3 reasons it’s best to start out as a Solitary.
- Complete the following proverb: The teacher opens the door ....
- What’s the difference between the capitalised word Fire and the lowercase word fire?
- Why is music and song so important in Wicca?
- What does music/song do when you use it in ritual?
- Can you get what you need to be a real Wiccan by skimming the lessons?
- Who benefits by your commitment to your Wicca studies and practice?
- What is the most important thing you must do in any spiritual path?
Why is that so vital?
What’s the sweetest part about doing that?
- What is the second most important thing you need to do in any spiritual path?
Why is this so crucial?
How must it be done?
- What are the benefits of answering these questions, at the end of each lesson?
- How do you make yourself a Real Wiccan, rather than a wanna-be pretender?
- What is the result of beginning with prayer?
- What is the purpose of a devotional practice?
- What is the essential spiritual key this lesson reveals?
- If you aren't sure you can feel something, what does that mean?
- When do you need to have your Book of Shadows?
- Is it okay to copy or share this information with other people or post it online? Why or why not?
Alright, are you ready to get started on your path to becoming a Wiccan? This is a very exciting journey, and I feel very privileged and delighted to introduce you to the world, the Divine, and yourself from a Wiccan perspective!
Next week, you'll get a lesson on how to select, purify, and bless a Book of Shadows, and how to use it. That should give you sufficient time to have yours ready for when the course begins in earnest.
You’ll also discover how Wicca serves your spiritual evolution,
and find out about the Spiritual Working Position and why it's vital to your practice.
See you next week!
With Brightest Blessings,
Coming Up . . .
A look ahead to the next few lessons in your journey as a Wiccan:
| Lesson #00
|| Your Book of Shadows and Book of Mirrors
How to find, prepare, and get them started
| Lesson #0
|| Introduction to Wicca
The basic information you need to know to get started
| Lesson #1
What is a dedication ritual and how to create your own
| Lesson #2
|| Wiccan Wheel of the Year
Introducing the Directions, Elements, & Sabbats
Invoking what it is and how to do it
| Lesson #3
|| The Moon in Wicca
Why the Moon is important to Wicca
Meeting the Moon Goddess
The Moon’s phases and magick
Exciting, right? See you then!
All material, including text and images, are copyright
© erin Dragonsong 2012
Using them elsewhere or sharing them without permission is theft.
I’m sure you can see that I’ve put my whole heart and soul
not to mention several years of sincere effort
into making this the best Wicca introduction possible,
all in order to serve you…
Please Respect My Service and Don't Steal!
Thank You !!
Copyright protected by law and Karma