Silver Chalice Wicca 'Zine #22
How To Open Your Psychic Centre
February / March 2011
Merry Meet! Welcome to the Silver Chalice Wicca 'Zine!
This edition is going to be a little different…
I'm currently hard at work wrapping up my Animal Spirit Guides book -- A Natural Connection: Discover Your Animal Spirit Guides and How They Can Help You.
(You may have noticed the lack of posts on Facebook and Twitter; I am without internet at the moment.) Hoping to launch it in February or March. Wish me luck!
So in this issue I'd like to share with you something from this book which all Wiccans will enjoy: two exercises for opening up the third eye. Your third eye is the psychic centre which allows you to pick up extrasensory information. It's located at the pineal gland, more or less between your eyebrows.
Everybody has one, but they may be open to various degrees. Think of it like an energy-eyelid: is yours tightly closed, open wide, or — like most people — somewhere in between?
If you want to increase your intuition, psychic skills, or spiritual abilities, these two exercises will help.
I'm so exited to share all the exercises included in Natural Connection -- these are the kind of simple, practical, highly effective tools that I delight in teaching others. I've been saving them up for years, and finally there's a venue for some of them! And most are applicable to anyone wanting to develop intuition and psychic abilities, partake of trance journeys, etc., but adapted to communicating with Animal Spirit Guides.
I hope you enjoy them… I'd love to hear how they worked for you!
And congratulations to Ko Neko for suggesting the wonderful, winning title in the Name The Book contest. You'll receive the very first copy of the ebook, as well as plenty of acclaim, with my compliments, blessings, and thanks!!
And thanks to all who participated!
With Brightest Blessings,
PS. I hope you'll forgive me for cutting the Zine short this issue. All my focus is on getting this book out to all you who've asked for it! I'm counting on the really useful exercises to compensate for it.
What it lacks in volume it makes up for in power-building!
Thanks for your understanding!
If you have any comments, opinions, or content ideas we'd love to hear from you. Please write!
Table of Contents
||-- You Can Achieve Your Resolutions |
| Exercises from Animal Spirit Guides Book
||-- How to Open Your Third Eye |
||-- On the Subject of Animals... |
|Word on the Street
||-- What I Was Searching For |
| Silver Chalice Details
|| || |
You Can Achieve Your Resolutions!
How are your New Years Resolutions coming?
As we wrap up the Year of the Tiger and especially as we approach the turning point of 2012, it's a perfect time to leave behind any situations that are keeping you limited or unhappy.
Affirmations are key to turning around beliefs that keep us blocked... if used properly.
You may have heard me talk about Think Right Now's Affirmation CDs.
These are what I use when I have a pattern I need to change, especially when I'm not getting very far on my own. (In fact, I am actually listening to one right now as I write -- "Infinite Joy Now!" I steep myself in them like tea in water, and love how effective they are this way.)
That's why I asked about the resolutions. If they're not working out, maybe you need that critical boost to get it rolling and support it once it's going.
You probably know I'm a great believer in affirmations, since they've turned my life around in more ways than one. I've written a lot about how to use affirmations to get the best results.
If you're serious about making changes in your life, get these discs. They're inexpensive, especially considering how much good they do, and that you can use them forever.
Find out more about it in this article on Professional Affirmation CDs.
They also offer a special deal, where you will get a free one, when you buy two others or a double-disk set.
Check it out now! Your new improved life is waiting!
Animal Spirit Guides Book - Excerpts
This material is protected by legal copyright)
How to Open Your Third Eye
Your third eye is your psychic centre. This is another name for your 6th chakra, situated more or less between your eyebrows.
It's considered "open" when energy moves freely through this chakra, making you receptive to psychic or intuitive insights.
The first step in opening up your 6th chakra is proper posture.
Most people want something more esoteric, but the fact is that your body is the physical radio that allows you to tune into Cosmic signals, and your spine is the electrical cord that plugs it in. A cord that is kinked doesn't allow energy to move through it very well.
Therefore, the first order of business when wanting to clear, open, or align your chakras is to allow the cord to function as well as possible.
So start by finding and maintaining proper posture.
Opening The Chakras -- A Caution
When people ask how to open their chakras, I usually shudder.
Chakras are closed for a reason. Forcing them open artificially is a questionable practice. It could have unanticipated and unpleasant effects.
So I always recommend doing things that keep the body and spirit in balance. You will find that the chakras can open naturally. Then if you do try to speed up the process, you're less likely to do harm to yourself.
However, if you've been doing all the exercises offered here [in the Animal Spirit Guides book], you are already well into the process of balancing and clearing yourself on many levels.
I suggest that you fill in the gaps by ...
- using meditation, affirmations, and reflection to strengthen and discipline the mind, and
- good health routines to strengthen and prepare the body for increased Energy flow.
The latter is common sense stuff: excellent posture (of course), drinking lots of water, exercising, adequate resting and sleeping, stretching, healthy diet, etc.
Also, be sure to work on every chakra -- if you want to open one chakra, you must open them all. The Breathing exercise, below, for instance, can be done with any chakra.
Each chakra you open increases the Energy flow through your spine. You don’t want a lot of energy running up against a dam at any point!
So take responsibility for your well-being, and develop any weak areas in your life so that it's in balance with all the rest: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Then you can carry on with this process in safety.
Find out more at this article on Forging Your Sacred Chalice.
Exercise: Breathing Into Your Third Eye
- In a comfortable position, with your spine well-aligned, imagine yourself in a shower of Light -- pure white brilliant Light.
- Take a few deep breaths, and relax more with each exhalation.
- Bring your attention to the space between your eyebrows.
- Breathe deeply, inhaling the Light. Imagine that you are inhaling Light into your Third Eye.
- Continue breathing Light into your Third Eye, noticing how the Light softens the space, relaxing it. You can feel that area gently expand with your breath.
- Feel the Light. Feel its tingling warm vibration filling up your Third Eye.
- Notice if you hear a new sound, or smell a surprising fragrance, or see colours or patterns.
- Imagine the Light washing this chakra clear, so that no veil or shadow obstructs the Light.
- As you continue to breathe Light into this chakra, you can begin to sense that it is now more open to receiving impressions and insights from subtle and unseen sources. It is as if your eyes have now opened onto other planes of existence. And not just your eyes, but all your senses, including your emotional sense.
- Feel the Light and your breath continue to expand the Third Eye.
- Become aware that the spot on your forehead is only part of the story: it is a reflection of the chakra in the centre of your head, deep within your brain. This part too is growing in the Light.
- Your whole head is now lit up with this radiant Light, which shines outward from your 6th chakra.
- Notice any emotional reaction to this feeling of openness. Continue to breathe slowly and deeply.
- Now it's time to close down your Third Eye to a comfortable level. If you leave it too open, you may pick up more information than you want or that is good for your health. So as you breathe, allow the Light to concentrate once again at the space between your brows. Like a very tiny diamond or star, it shines there.
- Know that anytime you wish to access intuitive or psychic information, you can breathe this Centre open again. In the meantime, it will only access a fraction more subtle information than you have been used to.
- Bring your attention back to your physical eyes. Can you see anything on the inside of your eyelids?
- Gently open your eyes, and return to ordinary consciousness.
- Make notes in your journal about this experience.
Exercise: Seeing With The Third Eye
Though it may seem strange, this exercise will help wake up your third eye, at the same time that it teaches you how to see in visualisations and with your psychic perception.
It will also help you build up to seeing auras etc.
It's best to do this on a bright sunny day.
- Start by sitting comfortably relaxed -- with your spine aligned and uplifted -- and breathing deeply.
- Close your eyes. Investigate the insides of your eyelids. We generally assume that with our eyes closed there's nothing to see, but in fact there's a lot going on!
How much can you see there?
- Open your eyes. For a couple minutes, look toward a window or other light source that won't hurt your eyes.
- Now close your eyes, and see what's on the inside of your eyelids. You may see a patch of light or colour or even darkness there, in the rough shape of the light source.
- Focus on that, bring it into as much focus as you can. Perceive all the details possible -- the shape of it, the size, where it seems to be in your field of vision, the exact colour, etc. Note the different colours from the edge to the centre, and how these sometimes change.
- Decide to see this square as light. Keep looking at it. Notice when you can see it as light, perhaps a coloured light. (As you get more practiced at this, play with seeing it as light, then as dark, then as light…)
- Continue examining it and playing with it until the shape fades away.
- Now imagine that sunlight is shining in the window and right through your eyelids. Face the window and see how it shines through the lids onto your eyes.
This isn't really imagination... the light does shine through. You may just be noticing it for the first time.
Notice how the light seems to get brighter, even if it's a controlled source rather than sunlight which does brighten and fade. It will appear that more light is physically shining on you.
- Visually explore the eyelids -- really SEE what's happening there, with this light shining in.
- Focus on the light, aware of its brightness. Keep seeing the light as, with your eyelids still shut, you turn your eyes upward to look to the spot between your brows.
- Keep observing and you will see that at some point the light is actually more perceptible this way.
(Of course, at this point you are seeing the Divine Light within the sunlight.)
- Allow yourself to see the light. It's there! You don't need to strive or struggle, just stop blocking or ignoring it, and allow it to be visible.
It may flicker, bright and dark. That's okay -- you're just learning to use this sense and it will come and go at first. Don't think about the flickering, just notice that you can see the light, even for a split second at a time.
- Repeat the process…
- Open and look
- Close and look
- Look up and see
- Now picture yourself in a shower of light. Allow yourself to see this light, with your eyes focused between your brows, as clearly as you could see the sunlight.
Calmly breathe, and patiently observe. Sooner or later, you will see it. It may seem as if someone had just turned on a light in the room!
- If you can't see it yet, if all you see is darkness, that's a good beginning! It means you are seeing something.
- All you need to do then is to realise that the Light is shining down all around you -- always and everywhere -- and it doesn't make any difference whether you can perceive it or not.
It is still there.
And sooner or later, you will see it.
- Make notes in your journal about this experience.
- A few people see this Light the first time they do this exercise, but most need to practice it for a while. The more time you spend looking with your eyes closed, the sooner, and better, you'll be able to see it for yourself.
Here are some more ways to practice...
- Do this when you close your eyes for a moment at the computer (good to relieve eyestrain anyway), or going to sleep, or waking up.
- Whenever you confront something bright that leaves an afterimage on your retinas, close your eyes and track it on your eyelids as it shifts and fades and changes colour.
- Do the Divine Light Invocation often, looking at the Light through your Third Eye, and notice how strongly you begin to perceive it!
If It's Too Much...
Everyone thinks they want psychic abilities and open chakras, but it is possible to get those things too soon. If you aren't ready for it, it can make your life more difficult.
So if you start to find yourself getting too "floaty" or spacey, uncomfortable, even "addicted" to the sensations, those are clues that you are getting in over your head… that some part of you is not on par with the level of work you are doing.
In the Sacred Chalice article, these parts are called Strength, Flexibility, Wholeness, and Purity.
Upgrade the weak level before continuing with your chakra practices.
Developing Psychic Skills Is A Process
These exercises are designed to increase your psychic abilities, but on their own they won't suddenly turn you into Sylvia Browne or a Delphic oracle.
Unless your psychic centre is naturally open, it is a process to expand these skills and learn to use them. Most of the other exercises in the Animal Spirit Guides book are geared to increase these skills and other aspects of intuitive awareness.
(In many ways, this is much better than being a natural psychic. You will rarely if ever be overwhelmed by unwanted, uncontrollable psychic information.)
If you really want to be more psychic, you must practice just like you would to learn any new skill: piano, wood carving, pastry cooking.... Be patient and persistent, develop all the aspects required, and it will come.
How Did These Exercises Work For You?
I'd love to hear from you… Please write and let me know!
An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language.
~ Martin Buber
All of the animals except for [humans] know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it.
~ Samuel Butler
If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.
~ James Herriot
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.
~ Samuel Butler
The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
~ Mahatma Gandhi
I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
~ Abraham Lincoln
A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
~ Chinese Proverb
A dog has lots of friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue.
Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.
Word on the Street
What People Are Saying About Wicca-Spirituality.com:
Upon searching for my spiritual path I found your wonderful website. It is so thorough, so comprehensive. I explored it because I was interested in wicca but until now had read nothing that wasn't old school.
This site brings the new spiritual wicca to our attention and I found it was just what i was looking for!! I am now discovering that I am a Sensitive ( I always wondered!) and that this path is exactly right for me.
So thank you so much for your website. it truly is a blessing to read and see what I was searching for reflected there. I come back again and again. It has been such a help to me.
-- T.A. in USA
Thanks for writing!! I appreciate hearing from you! : )
Know somebody who'd like to read this?
We really hope that you've enjoyed reading this newsletter. If you think your friends might be interested in taking a look, please feel free to forward it to them.
Haven't subscribed yet?
If you're reading this on the recommendation of a friend and would like to receive all the future editions, you can subscribe for free through this link: The Silver Chalice E-Zine to subscribe.
If you have any comments, opinions, or content ideas we'd love to hear from you. Please write!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
© erin dragonsong 2011. All rights reserved worldwide. Reprinting any of this is forbidden unless you obtain my written permission: karma and the law agree on this one. And Copyscape is keeping an eye on these things.